Monday, September 8, 2008

WFU vs Ole Miss

Ella attended her first WFU football game this weekend and what a blast she had! Our tailgate was pretty full and she loved being able to talk to everyone and check out all the sights and sounds from the parking lot. We also happened to be parked next to a family with a 14 month old who was kind enough to share her Elmo doll with Ella. I was worried about what she was going to wear (yes, I know that comes as no surprise to anyone) as the one manufacturer who's items I like (Sara Lynn Togs) has lost her WFU licensing and everything in the Deacon Shop for girls is pink. Why? Is pink one of Wake's new school colors? I don't get it. Anyway... lucky for me the dress we got her for basketball season (sized for 3 months) still fits her, whew!


Kickoff was scheduled right at her nap time so Bryan and I were unsure as to how long she would last. She danced when she could hear the music, clapped when everyone else did and even yelled at the refs a couple of times through the entire first half. She probably could have made it through the 3rd quarter but we didn't want to chance it so we headed out at half time. All in all I'd say it was a great experience and I'm glad to know our girl has the chops to hang with the big kids at Groves Stadium. Looks like it's gonna be a great season, Go Deacs!




No comments: