Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9 month check-up

This morning started with a trip to Northwest Pediatrics for Ella's nine month check-up. How happy was I when the nurse told me there were no shots this appointment?!?! Big relief... with Ella's teeth giving her a fit this week the last thing I needed was to add shots to the equation. Everything checked out great, she's weighing in at 17lbs 3oz and is 27 inches long (tall). Still a bit on the small side, in the 25 percentile on both counts, but right on track for where she should be. We 're giong to start tabe foods this week, I was skeptical since she doesn't have any teeth yet but Dr. Vapne assured me that as long as the food was soft or mushy she'd be fine. So we'll see how that goes. We don't have another check-up till 12 months but Dr. Vapne wants me to bring her in October to get a flu shot. And just to brag on my daughter for a second-- I always get a kick out of going to the dr's office because all the nurses always come in to say hi to Ella and ooh and ahhh over her. Kind of nice when people who see babies all day still think mine is precious :)

No comments: