Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ella's 4 month check-up

Is it totally pathetic that I was glad to miss Ella's 4 month appointment with the pediatrician yesterday? I'm such a wuss I just can't handle the shots... I know, I know, it's worse for me than it is for her. Since I'm working this week Bryan had the pleasure of taking her and I'm so happy she was looking at his face when the pain hit and not mine.

On a brighter note, everything looks good. She's growing right on target, weighing in at a hefty 12lbs 3 oz and strong as an ox. Dr. Vapne was very impressed watching her roll all over the exam table, she's such a little show-off. We've been cleared to start feeding her rice cereal, which we tried (unsucessfully) last night. I mixed it with formula, which she has not tasted since she was 4 days old, and she did not like the taste or smell one bit... but the face she made was hilarious. Today my mom mixed it with water and I think that went over a little better with her. I have to admit the formula smelled straight up nasty so I can't blame her for not wanting it. I also realized last night as I was preparing to give her the cereal that this child only has silver spoons. Ha! How appropriate for my little princess!

No comments: