Monday, March 10, 2008

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'....

It seems that "tummy time" has finally gotten the best of Ella and she's had enough of it. She now has figured out that if she tries hard enough she can, in fact, flip over to her back. What a happy realization for her! Last night she did this about 4 times, and everytime she'd just laugh and laugh. She's also decided that she's going to be a NASCAR fan. I think it has something to do with the constant motion of the cars and the bright colors, but whatever it is she's transfixed by it. Yesterday was two Sundays in a row she was glued to the TV when she could see it.

I was able to get a couple shots of her sucking her thumb during a nap. She's still working on the concept of bringing her thumb to her mouth rather than her mouth to her thumb, she will turn her head almost 180* to the left trying to find it. I'm guessing because that's how she sometimes gets to her pacifier if she spits it out. Oddly enough, she has an easier time getting it into position while sleeping than when awake. I never would have thought something as silly as sucking a thumb or rolling over would be such a big deal to me... my what a difference a baby can make! People say all the time, "it's the little things that matter most" and I now realize I never truly understood that till Ella came along. Every sigh, coo, and smile is like the first. Watching her watch the world is amazing, if it's this great at 3 months I can't imagaine what wonders the future will bring!

2 comments:

Mollie Perez said...

Cam. She seriously might be the cutest baby i've ever seen!! She is so gorgeous! I want to see her soon!!! Mollie :)

Jonathan & Christina said...

Oh Cameron, that is the sweetest thumb-sucking I have ever seen!!! She is so beautiful! I got goosebumps reading your entry about the wonder of all of these incredible 'little' things that amaze us parents. It's so true! You are forever changed when you become a mother... Hope to see you all in person soon!
Christina