Sunday, April 11, 2010

Farewell, Deacon


Sadly on Wednesday morning my parents had to part with our family dog.  Sweet, sweet Deacon was the center of the Philpott household for over 15 years and loved every second of it.  Always happy to see any one of us and willing to stop for a belly rub at the drop of a hat he will truly be missed.  Even as my children slowly began to invade his territory in the house, he'd just look at them and roll his eyes as if to say, "oh geez, not you again!"  Never once did he get angry with Ella as she followed him from room to room, annoyed?  Sure.  But he never barked or snapped at her wihtout good reason- like her pulling on his tail.  I'm sorry to lose him, I'm sorry that Mom won't have a valid excuse to stop at McDonalds for a cheeseburger now, but most of all I'm sorry that Ella and Matthew won't grow to know him and love him as the rest of us had the pleasure of doing. 


Love you much, Deacon.  I'm certain that even if not all dogs go to Heaven you're watching up from up there now.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Oh that made me have a good cry- and I never even met him. :) So sorry for your loss. I don't have pets, but know how much it must hurt to loose them.