Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Election Day

It was a big day for Ella... her first election day. It started like any other Tuesday, driving to Kernersville for Mommy & Me. A quick trip to Target was in the plans, as we were pulling in I noticed a bunch of State Trooper cars, I thought there might have been a wreck till I turned down the parking lot aisle and saw a huge looming tour bus parked in front of the Starbucks next door... John McCain's tour bus to be exact. Wow! Apparently even presidential candidates need their Starbucks fix. Knowing how much of campaigning is pressing flesh and kissing babies we jumped out of the car to see if we could get close enough for a photo op. There really was no one around, other than Secret Service people so I thought we had a pretty good chance. Sadly, as we got about half way across the parking lot they started to all load up the caravan. Bummer! We just missed him. Oh well. I thought it was kind of cool to know we were in the same place. After a trip to High Point to celebrate her grand-daddy's 60th birthday with some delicious Lexington BBQ, we headed to Calvary Church to vote. Ella was very helpful at the electronic voting machine, she kept reaching out trying to touch it. Luckily I was able to wrangle her in enough so she couldn't get to it. All in all it was a pretty exciting day in politics for the little one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know she is getting older but I had no idea Ella could vote. She's too cute! I love looking at these pictures. I check almost every day and I just realized I could leave comments. Love y'all
Lytch